Saturday, June 12, 2010

6 month birthday

Yesterday was the girls 6 month birthday. Grandma Gregg put together cupcakes, presents and gift bags for the other neighborhood kids and of course we had to sing to them. I can not believe that it has been six months since Andrea and I sat in the waiting room at Magee waiting to be called in to the Operating Room to meet Reagan and Riley. Since then they have tried to kill us through sleep deprivation hundreds of times. I estimate we have gone through about 2200 diapers, over 6000 baby wipes and made about 2400 bottles. They have been kissed and hugged thousands of times and only sent us to the brink of a mental meltdown a few times. Andrea and I have worked as a team throughout the process and as I knew would be the case she is the best mother ever. They both now can roll over and laugh and giggle constantly. They think that momma is hysterical and Andrea has turned into a "baby whisperer". Sometimes she can just sense what they need while I am baffled as to what the cause of the current implosion is. I am looking forward to seeing what the next 6 months has for us. I am sure there will be many more meltdowns, sleepless nights and super stinky diapers to change but I sure am having fun.

1 comment:

  1. You should have been a stand up comic. And yes I have heard these conversations. You do make a good team. mom

    ReplyDelete